Welcome 2020! With a new year comes new goals, and new knowledge. I saw this tag on Clo’s blog ‘Cuppa Clo’ that is created by Rae at ‘Book Chronicles’! It’s open to everyone and seemed like such a fun way to start off the year!
Best Book And/Or Series That You’ve Read in 2019?
The ‘Caraval’ series by Stephanie Garber and ‘Folk of the Air’ series by Holly Black both reached their conclusions in 2019. I have to say I adore both those trilogies and find them to be pretty memorable! The thrill of anticipating the release of a book in a series to see the fates of characters you know and love is so exhilarating. I love it!
Authors That You’ve Recently Found And Would Like To Read More Of In The New Year?
I recently discovered the author Renée Adieh by reading her book ‘The Beautiful’ a while back! The text was pretty awesome and I’m eager to read her ‘Wrath & The Dawn’ series which I still haven’t got my hands on yet.
Most Anticipated Book Turned Movie/TV Show?
Oh gosh, I binged all of ‘His Dark Materials’ the other day on HBO based off the series of the same name by Philip Pullman. I remember reading the book series years ago! I barely remember anything that happened in the books but watching the series feels so nostalgic despite it being newly released! I will definitely keep up with that show.
Name A Character That You Wouldn’t Mind Sharing A Kiss With At Midnight?
Oh gosh. There are obviously characters I really love but I’ve never thought of them in this way before. Most of them have significant others as well! It feels dirty to list those that have lovers…is that so wrong? I would probably give Nikolai Lantsov from the ‘Grishaverse’ by Leigh Bardugo a peck on the cheek, however after reading ‘The King of Scars’ I think he has a little crush on you-know-who…
How Many Books Do You Hope To Read In 2020?
I know this is ambitious, but I hope to read 200 books in 2020! I was able to read around 160 books this year which is pretty insane, so I believe I may be able to hit the 200 mark. I’m not going to kill myself trying to hit that number, but it’s a good motivation to read plenty more this year.
Will You Participate In The Goodreads Reading Challenge Or Any Others?
Yes! As of now I’m participating in the ‘Goodreads Reading Challenge’! I just recently started a Goodreads! I know I’m very very late in doing so. I’ve been filling in as many books as I can think of that I’ve read, and giving them star ratings for quick reviews! Please feel more than welcome to friend me!
Any New Year’s Resolutions?
- Start working! I’ve applied to various jobs and already am going to interviews soon. These books aren’t buying themselves!
- Make sure I have time to read! My life is only getting busier, and I want to make sure reading isn’t eliminated from my schedule.
- Keep a 4.0! I have a 90% and above in all my current classes, and I’d like to keep it that way…
- Continue self studying! I self study languages and neuroscience as a hobby. Right now I am studying Korean and Japanese simultaneously (I know I’m crazy). 여보세요! こんにちは！Neuroscience has always been something I was interested in, I plan to take a program at a university over the summer to learn even more! I’m pretty thirsty for knowledge over here…
- Cook and bake more! I have to admit, I eat out—a lot. Whether it’s a restaurant, cafe, or bakery, I’m always spending money on food! I’m not a terrible baker and cook, so I’d like to make my own meals! It’s a good life skill I need to work on.
I hope you all have an amazing 2020; I give you best wishes! To anyone that would like to participate in this tag, feel free to do so! Just make sure to follow the rules and link me (I’d love to read your post)!